Ctrl-Alt-Del

You probably know the best way to get out of PC trouble - the Ctrl-Alt-Del buttons. And that may also be true with our lives. I have made a simple analogy.



ctrl-alt-del cartoon

CONTROL

We have no control over many things but we can always take charge of our actions and attitude. Don’t let anybody choose that for us. 

I ‘ve read an article about Jerry.  Each morning upon waking up, he'd say the following lines: 
"Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.' I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life."
A very good attitude. Hope we can always do the same. I agree with Maya Angelou. She stated  : "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." And let us be reminded, control is taking responsibility.

ALTERNATIVE 
According to Helen Keller “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” I believe it’s true. Thus, we should be grateful for new doors, new opportunities or new alternatives.
“If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.” So, we have to keep on going. 

DELETE
Sometimes we make a lot of mistakes. We mess things up. And that is okay. Thank God, we  have that option to ‘delete’ some ‘bad files’ and  then create a new one. Just be aware of the lessons.

I remember the story shared by Jim Rohn:  One day a man was nursing a glass of wine (for the nth time) and thought to himself, 'What if I wasn't an alcoholic? What if I wasn't an absent father all these years? What if I cared more for the people I love instead of caring for my alcohol needs?" And just like that he stopped drinking and started living.   Like that man, we can decide to delete the errors and make that change today.

We do have a choice! Let us remember to Ctrl-Alt-Del our lives!

Link to Jerry's story

24 comments:

littleyana said...

I have introspection similar to this. Some days, I wish there is Undo function in real life like the one in the computer. But then I know, things happen for a reason. This is a good post!

Lady Fishbone said...

another very inspiring post. i would love to read again ang again your enlightening and encouraging posts... very helpful.

:D

Ric said...

Thanks Jessica. Salamat sa pag-appreciate!

Brur said...

life should be choose between two things: bad or good. I agree with that. and to get it, we have 26 choices like you said 26 alphabet plus 10 number and also more marks...
LOL.... It's true.... C+A+D. the three ways you said is a good thing. by A we have something to choice. by D we can eliminated something bad.
this good advice....

Ric said...

Yes, littleyana, if we have only that option to undo something but we can't..We can only learn something from it.

Pareng Jay said...

Nice ganda ng meaning pre. Mnemonics pa sya kaya siguradong madaling matandaan. Thumbs up, pre.

* Pareng Jay was here

Archieviner VersionX said...

Wow! Very nice post. Very inspiring. I will remember this thoughts everytime i will use the CAD on my PC. Jim Rohn is one of my idol :)
Plus 100 for you ser Ric. :)

MEcoy said...

i see ctrl-alt-delete was also applicable in our lives it makes a lot of sense nice post
two thumbs up

Ric said...

Thanks friends for the visit...I'll visit your blogs tonight!

Adam said...

very true

joy said...

Galing ng analogy mo. Thumbs up again. Have a nice week end:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice post!

As always you really got a great idea! Must practice the CAD! ^^

Thanks for sharing! :D

Ric said...

Once again.. Thank you friends! I'll definitely return the favor. I will visit your sites today!

Genskie said...

same tayo.. I always choose to do good and feel good...kasi if I choose bad ako din ang talo... thank you for the analogy!

Ric said...

Yes, that is true..thanks. Genskie.

Unknown said...

Hey Ric,

I came to enter your blog from a friend of friend on blogger which I don't regret to land on this domain because you're very inspiring and so do your blog. This is a nice post and seeing also some subpages makes me realize that yes, we should opt positively in life. I hope you could also visit mine here http://www.differentchainsoflife.info/ , i followed you already and I'm hoping perhaps you could also follow my blog. Thanks and have a good day.

PS: Nice cartoon drawings :)

Ric said...

Thanks yhadz, I will visit your site today. Thanks!

Michelle said...

You always have great advice :)

Ric said...

Thanks Michelle. Can't open your blog's URL. Anyway, I'll try to visit again

Phioxee said...

kung meron lang control alt delete ;-) pero chox to go na ako. boring naman kung walang learnings

Ric said...

Hahaha chox to go ba...yes, I agree Phioxee..boring din siguro : )

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I like this one. I love the quote from Helen Keller.

Erica Jahn said...

i totally agree sir

x♥x♥
The Girl with the Muji Hat

Ric said...

thanks Erica. I'll visit your blog today!