Revisiting 'the Passion'

Background image source: Lostseed.com




He must suffer many things
and be rejected by this generation.
~Luke 17:25



Since we have no scheduled activities this Lenten season, 
I’ve decided to spend  time reading and reflecting 
on the  Passion of the Christ.
Let me present the following verses.





according to Jesus.

The soldiers used short whips made up of  wooden handle with leather thongs, 
each embedded with bits of glass or bones attached near the ends. 
I think he received more or less 39 lashes!
They took a bundle of branches covered with  thorns (1 to 6 inches long) 
and woven into the shape of a crown then pressed into His scalp. 
He was commanded to carry the rough wood (34 - 57 kilos, about 
the weight of a sack of rice) to a 650 yard journey (594.36 meters).
The nails (or spikes)  would have been made of heavy,  iron material, 7-9 inches long.
Some historians say that  they nailed him on the wrists, not the palms. 
(Definitely, a lot more painful : (
He can’t take the taste!, I guess.
All these sufferings made me think that our situations 
 might not be the worst, after all...
For God so love the world Holy Week



11 comments:

Senyor Iskwater said...

thank you for sharing these... lenten is the best time to reflect....

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I want to wish a Happy Easter. Your post is a good reminder for all Christians. Thank you for sharing.

fiel-kun said...

Awww... napapanahon po talaga ito. Maraming salamat for sharing :))

Huwag sana nating gunitain ang mga paghihirap ni Hesu Kristo para lamang tubusin tayong lahat sa ating mga kasalanan.

Blessed Maundy Thursday!

Jondmur said...

thanks sa pag share.... dito naman hindi ramdam ang holly week... pero parang nasasad ako...

naalala ko kasi ang holly week sa Pinas...

Rix said...

kung pang umaga lang ang shift ko sigurado na kasama namin si Ate sa wasjing of the feet, seven last words at iba pang activity sa church.

Ric said...

Nasa ibang bansa ka kasi JonDMur, ganyanv talaga... Dito ramdam ang katahimikan ng Holy Week, lalo na siguro bukas, Biyernes Santo.

fiel-kun said...

*may typo error ako sa aking comments above...

I mean...

Huwag sana nating kalimutan gunitain... :))

Ric said...

yes, fiel napansin ko nga pero nasa isip ko na may na-missed lang na word! ok lang yun! understood naman!

Aunt Mary said...

Beautiful post Ric,happy Easterto you

MEcoy said...

I'm saved by his glory

Unknown said...

Thank you Jesus for saving me, for you to suffer like this for my sake it means you truly love me and I love you too and I will show it by obeying and serving you forever more.
Happy Easter to my friends out there.